I am a very keen hiker and walker – and I love to combine this with my enthusiasm for archaeology – particularly in my adopted county of Shropshire.
All walks are tailored to your group – where you want to go and what you want to see. I’m happy to help with designing routes – from a couple of hours (up to 4 miles), to a half day outing (up to 8 miles), to an all day trek (up to 15 miles).
I’m an enthusiastic communicator – there’s nothing better than engaging with an audience on a hillside. Here’s an idea of some walk ‘ themes’ I can offer:
- Monks and their habits – abbeys, priories and granges of Shropshire
- The secret (urban) history of Shrewsbury
- Industrial archaeology in the countryside.
- Defending the Marches in the Prehistoric Period – Hillforts in their landscape
- Defending Medieval Shropshire – Castles in Context
Prices can be agreed per participant or as a flat fee based on an hourly rate. This will be an all-inclusive cost; reflect of planning and reccying. I work closely with other professionals – including subject specialists – such as ecologists, to include extra info about flora and fauna, for instance.
Please contact me to discuss how I can help organise a walk for your event, holiday, walking group – or just your friends and family!